Industrial Hoses: Customized Industrial Hose Cost Calculator
About Industrial Hoses
Industrial hoses are flexible tubing used to transfer solids, gases, and liquids. Industrial hoses are subject to harsh environments where they may be bent, coiled, continuously run over, and more. Many different industries use specialty hosing in various applications. It’s important to know what industrial hosing is right for your specific industrial need.
Types of Industrial Hoses
Every type of application may require a different hose with specific properties. Whether your project requires the transfer of non-hazardous materials, water, or dangerous chemicals, we have the right industrial hose for your unique job. Some common types of industrial hoses you may need include:
Oil Resistant Hoses:
Oil resistant hoses are used for the transfer of fuel or other chemicals. Many of the substances carried by these hoses are considered dangerous or harmful. Generally, oil resistant hoses are made from a combination of rigid and flexible PVC.
Layflat Hose:A layflat hose lays flat when not in use, making it easy to coil and store. Layflat hoses are typically made from PVC and are most commonly used to transfer water from one location to another. Layflat hoses are popular for both irrigation and construction.
Chemical Fume Extraction Hose:Chemical fume extraction hoses are used to ventilate fumes created during a chemical process safely. They are made from materials that are chemical resistant.
Light Material Handling Hose:Light material handling hoses are used to move goods such as dry powders, foods, and more.
Dust Collection Hose:Commercial and industrial businesses use dust collection hoses to collect dust and other fine particulates.
WRAS HoseWRAS hoses are used for the transfer of drinking water. WRAS hoses meet safety and hygiene requirements. WRAS hoses are most often used for campsites, festivals, and more.
Ventilation Hoses:A ventilation hose is used when hazardous gases or fumes must be transferred. Industries such as chemical, agricultural, and manufacturing often use ventilation hoses to handle gas, smoke, fumes, and dangerous pollutants.
Other types of industrial hoses include cement, plaster, grout hoses, gaseous hoses, material handling hoses, petroleum hoses, steam hoses, air and multi-purpose hoses, chemical hoses, food and beverage hoses, oil and gas exploration hoses, specialty hoses, and water hoses.
Industrial Hose Applications
- Suction and drainage
- Material Handling
Materials Available for Industrial Hose
Industries that use Industrial Hoses
Industrial hose is intended for use in all of America’s heavy industries. Uses run the gamut from heavy construction to mining, tank truck service to chemical handling, oil refining to food processing, and much more. Usually consisting of a tube, reinforcing, and cover, these hoses can fall under the classification of rubber, plastic, silicone, or combinations of these. Industrial hoses are tested to meet the highest industry standards and are used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Oil Industry
- Forest Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Maritime Industry
- Landscaping/Lawn Services
- Ship Building
- Construction Industry
- Food Processing
What is the Best Industrial Hose for My Business?
When picking the best hose for your project NAHAD and any other credible hose distributor utilized S.T.A.M.P.E.D:
- Size: You must know the distance the hose must cover between equipment, vehicles, and workers. You must also determine the inside diameter depending on how the hose will be utilized.
- Temperature: What are the minimum and maximum temperatures that the hose must endure?
- Application: How will the industrial hose be used? Will it be installed indoors or outdoors? Will it be used by employees, machines, vehicles, etc.? Do you need to meet any government standards?
- Media/Material: What kind of material will be transferred through the hose— liquid, gas, steam, chemicals? Is the material hazardous?
- Pressure: What type of pressure or vacuum is needed to transfer media?
- End Fittings: The end fittings are the type of end connector used between the hose and machinery, vehicles, etc.
- Delivery: On what date is the hose needed?
Looking for A Specific Type of Hose?
We can help. Here is a partial list of the many hose types we provide.
- Unisource Manufacturing
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Bulk Transportation
- UHMWPE Chemical Hose
- FDA Approved Vinyl Tubing
- PTFE & ETFE Core Flexible Hose Pigtails
- Stainless Steel